Wednesday, July 6, 2011

YEE HAW!

When we got to Texas we rented a car. The only thing they had was this HUGE car. It was fun to ride in. I sat all the way in the back. I felt like I was riding in a bus!
When we got our car we went to the Stockyards in Forth Worth. This is where all the cowboys are. Me and my dad tried on some big cowboy hats.
I got to sit on a Texas Longhorn. It was so big!
We saw an old time jail. This is what they used to have back in the olden days.
Dad and I went through a maze. We got a timecard and had to get the time stamped on it when we started the maze. Then, we had to find four letters in the maze. Once we found the M-A-Z-E we had to find our way out and stamp our time on the card to see how fast we went.
We got lost in the maze...A LOT!
Here we are punching our card after we found a letter.
We FINALLY made it out of the maze! It took me and Dad 25 minutes to find all the letters and the way out.
We even got to see a cattle drive. That is where they take a whole bunch of longhorns and they walk down the street. You have to be very careful that you don't get poked by their horns.
I got to meet a cowboy. After I talked with him we saw him and his friends have a gunfight.
The sheriff and the deputy were talking and then some bad guys came.
Then, the had a gunfight. I wasn't scared...it was just pretend.
I was so tired on the way back to our hotel.
We had a lot of fun at the stockyards.

No comments: