Monday, July 25, 2011

Day in Dubuque

Grandma Lou took us to Dubuque to the Iowa River Museum. There was a lot of stuff to do and see. I learned all about rivers and water.
Dad and I rode bikes to make it rain.
Grandma and I saw what it was like to be in a beaver's house.
I played at the water table to learn how levys and work and how boats go down rivers.

We saw the biggest steamboat wheel!
Grandma and I learned how to go noodling. We put our hand in a fish's mouth and could pull it out of the rocks. Thank goodness the fish wasn't real!

I got to pet a crawfish, too!
Dad and I got to see the inside of Luis & Clark's boat.
I also saw what the inside of Mark Twain's Cave looked like. It was a little scary because it was so dark in there.
I also practiced walking on logs that were floating down the Mississippi River!
When we were in the car we drove past these really tall people! Their suitcase was bigger than me!
Next, we went on a cable car that went up a big hill. It was really old and my mom was scared it was going to break while we were on it.
When we got to the top of the hill we could see very far! We even saw 3 different states!
Here's Grandma and I getting ready to go back down the mountain.
We had a lot of fun in Dubuque. Thanks for taking us, Grandma!

1 comment:

Gr Lou Ann said...

It was a fun day Jacob. I'm trying to think of something different to do next time your in Iowa too.....can't wait.
Love ya, Gr. Lou Ann