Sunday, September 5, 2010

Snakes, Worms & Lizards, Oh My!

Today we went hiking again. It was totally cool! We went to a new place and saw lots of cool animals and bugs. We saw these wasps...you have to be very careful!
We saw this snake that was slithering away from us.
Then, I saw this cool green worm. It was on a rock and I almost stepped on it!
After that Dad saw a cool lizard on a rock. It was getting cool in the shade.
Dad and I saw both saw something cool over there! We had to go check it out.
There were lots of cool caves and cliffs!
We found a great spot to stop and rest and have a snack. I ate a granilla bar (granola bar).
Then, it was back to the caves. There were lots of cool ones. This one even had a bridge to get across.
I'm getting to be a good climber. I had to go over this big crack very carefully.
I love hiking. I wish I could go every day.

3 comments:

The VanderWoudes said...

I love hiking, too Jacob. Will you come visit Portland someday and we can go on a hike together?

Jacob said...

I like hiking. I like you. I want to go hiking with you!

The VanderWoudes said...

I like you too! I can't wait for our hike! We should invite Sam and your mom and dad.